As our Cafe Manager you will help to ensure that each customer has the best service experience possible, you'll supervise part-time staff as well and train new front of the house staff. You will act as the communicator between cafe and kitchen production. Give feedback to the kitchen what items are selling and or not selling as good. Keeping the cafe area clean and presentable. Helping to package products such as cookies or coffee cakes. Taking orders from customers and answering the phone.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures all health department rules, regulations & protocols are adhered to by themselves and all Safe staff
- Stores and rotates all products properly, adhering to FIFO regulations-Oversees all functions of Café staff
- Reports food / Drink & cleaning product shortages to Management-opening and closing the cafe, ensures everything is ready for the day
- prepares all café menu items using standard facility equipment ensuring quality and efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Assumes responsibility for quality of products prepared and served.-
- Maintains the cleanliness of the cafe to meet or exceed Health Department standards for cleanliness, food handling and sanitation.
- Monitors stocks of ingredients and food items and assists with the preparation of inventory supply orders-
- Ensures the neatness, cleanliness and orderliness of the facility by sweeping, mopping, stocking shelves, removing trash, etc.
- Maintains a friendly, courteous and cheerful demeanor at all times
- Provides assistance to other employees to contribute to the best overall operation of the cafe
- Constantly cleaning all countertops and tables in café seating area.
- Constantly pushing in chairs and straightening up café seating area
- Performs other duties or roles as assigned by management & owners
- High school diploma preferred
- Restaurant kitchen experience preferred Willingness to be a team player and hard worker.
- Must be friendly and outgoing.
- Able to communicate clearly with customers and other employees.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- 40 hour week
- Wednesday - Sunday
- salary: $12 per hour (overtime $18 per hour)
- expected to work on major holidays
If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume with cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org